Sunflower is a locally owned health care organization dedicated to hospice care. We provide compassionate care and expert pain management to people nearing the end of their lives, as well as supporting their families and friends. Our approach is holistic, with a team of professionals serving patients’ medical, emotional and spiritual needs. Our hospice focuses on these basic goals:
- To support individuals and families coping with dying.
- To enhance quality of life through comfort care rather than treatment focused on cure.
- To aggressively treat and expertly manage all pain and physical symptoms associated with an individual's dying.
- To care for the whole person, addressing physical, emotional, psychological, spiritual, and social needs through an interdisciplinary team approach.
- To confirm the individual's and family's sense of self worth, individuality, autonomy, and security.
- To extend bereavement support for family members following the death of their loved one.
- To acknowledge and offer support for individuals and their family members facing the loss and grief associated with dying and the death of a loved one.
- To be a positive influence upon the understanding, compassionate treatment, and care of the dying and bereaved.
If we can be of service to you, your family, or your patients please contact us at (913) 680-0800 or email us.